||Design Studio 2 (Civil Buildings)
|Lecturer: prof. Ing. arch. Michal Hlaváček
||Weekly load: 7C
Design studio is application course in which students use gained knowledge from broad spectrum of architectural disciplines with their own design opinions and creativity. Various types of civil buildings into the particular environment are assigned within this second design studio. Students present their own designs in the form of architectural study after extensive discussions, consideration and evalluation of works of other architects. Foreign and Czech students are taught together in order to get an opportunity to debate architectonic issues.
This course does not have lectures.
- Seminar contents:
01: Assignment of the semestral project
The explanation of spatial, urban and functional context
Information on the schedule of the semester, getting acquainted with the tasks and check deadlines etc.
02 :Excursion o the construction site
Collective analyses of the sight ? spatial contexts, surrounding environment, the specifics of the sight ? scale, orientation and sun exposure, ecological aspects. Background research on current architecture along with the analysis of the function and typology in the form of a team presentation in connection with the studio assignment, a discussion on the topic.
03 ? 07: Defining of the concept and architectural design of the building ? searching for the lay-out and spatial contexts, validation of the building?s scale and proportions by means of perspective sketches and case models.
First presentation ? concept approval.
08 ? 12: Architectural design ? basic building technical solution, architectural, material and color solution. Finalization of the architectural design and the second presentation. Finishing of the architectural design and second presentation.
13: Work on the final presentation ? graphic set-up of the poster, finishing of the physical model. The poster can be a combination of computer graphics and hand drawing. Preparation of portfolio and a bound sketch - book containing design development (in width A3 format)
- Recommended literature:
Periodicals - in particular: Wettbewerbe Aktuell, Detail, Domus, Wallpaper,
Website: archdaily.com, architizer.com, architonic.com, afasiaarchzine.com, design-milk.com, dezeen.com, divisare.com, frameweb.com, landezine.com, yatzer.com, yellowtrace.com
Neufert and other building typologies
- complex conception design, functional building, creative opinion, theoretic knowledge, civil buildings , particular environment, architectural design
- W ... winter semester (usually October - February)
- S ... spring semester (usually March - June)
- W,S ... both semesters
Mode of completion of the course:
- A ... Assessment (no grade is given to this course but credits are awarded. You will receive only P (Passed) of F (Failed) and number of credits)
- GA ... Graded Assessment (a grade is awarded for this course)
- EX ... Examination (a grade is awarded for this course)
- A, EX ... Examination (the award of Assessment is a precondition for taking the Examination in the given subject, a grade is awarded for this course)
Weekly load (hours per week):
- P ... lecture
- C ... seminar
- L ... laboratory
- R ... proseminar
- S ... seminar