The task is to analyse three examples of historical or contemporary architecture or urban design. Main topics: concepts of architectural space (Raumplan, plan libre, deconstructivism etc.), concepts of urban space, geometry and its role in architectural and urban composition, semiotics and meaning of symbols in architecture, expression of architecture by non-architectural and non-constructive means.
(1) Architectural Theory from Renaissance to the Present, TASCHEN, Köln 2003
(2) Jencks, Ch., The New Paradigm in Architecture, Yale University Press, 2002
(3) Kruft, H. -W., Geschichte der Architekturtheorie, C. H. Beck Verlag, 1985
(4) Krier, R., Urban Space, Umbau-Verlag Solingen, 2005, Schulz, CH. N., Mening in Western Architecture, Studio Vista, 1975
(5) Lawlor, R., Secred Geometry, Thames and Hudson Ltd, London 1982