The first master's project differs from the Bachelor's project given the topic and scope, which corresponds to the level of information. Priority will be sent out issues that were not included in the Bachelor program, either in terms of typology (production, business, culture), the type of creative work (renovation, conversion) or by other factors (environment, energy intensity). The proposed buildings are always in a specific environment, are used for entering and student architectural competitions. The project scope at the level of architectural studies, extended by a specific assignment of a crucial detail - both artistic, architectural and technical and technological, including calculations. The project aims to simulate a real situation, with which the student / architect will meet after graduation. Foreign and Czech students are teaching together in order to get opportunity to debate architectonic issues.
Individual lectures with guests - related to the project and thematic.
- Seminar contents:
01: Assignment of the semestral project
The explanation of spatial, urban and functional context
Information on the schedule of the semester, getting acquainted with the tasks and check deadlines etc.
02 :Excursion o the construction site
Collective analyses of the sight ? spatial contexts, surrounding environment, the specifics of the sight ? scale, orientation and sun exposure, ecological aspects. Background research on current architecture along with the analysis of the function and typology in the form of a team presentation in connection with the studio assignment, a discussion on the topic.
03 ? 07: Defining of the concept and architectural design of the building ? searching for the lay-out and spatial contexts, validation of the building's scale and proportions by means of perspective sketches and case models.
First presentation ? concept approval.
08 ? 12: Architectural design ? basic building technical solution, architectural, material and color solution. Finalization of the architectural design and the second presentation. Finishing of the architectural design and second presentation.
13: Work on the final presentation ? graphic set-up of the poster, finishing of the physical model. The poster can be a combination of computer graphics and hand drawing. Preparation of portfolio and a bound sketch - book containing design development (in width A3 format)
- Recommended literature:
Periodicals, including: Wettbewerb aktuel, Detail, Architekt, Stavba, Stavebnictví a interiér, materials for construction
- complex conceptual design, functional building, creative thinking, theoretic knowledge of design, particular situations, architectural design, civil and production buildings
- W ... winter semester (usually October - February)
- S ... spring semester (usually March - June)
- W,S ... both semesters
Mode of completion of the course:
- A ... Assessment (no grade is given to this course but credits are awarded. You will receive only P (Passed) of F (Failed) and number of credits)
- GA ... Graded Assessment (a grade is awarded for this course)
- EX ... Examination (a grade is awarded for this course)
- A, EX ... Examination (the award of Assessment is a precondition for taking the Examination in the given subject, a grade is awarded for this course)
Weekly load (hours per week):
- P ... lecture
- C ... seminar
- L ... laboratory
- R ... proseminar
- S ... seminar