The course introduces students to the basics of health technology assessment. During the semester the student will learn to create specific types of cost analyzes (cost-effectiveness analysis, cost-benefit analysis, cost and utility analysis), the student will learn the basic methods from the field of multi-criteria decision making, learn to create meta-analysis, decision trees and Markov models.
1. Subject organisation. Introduction to Health Technology Assessment.
2. Outcomes in HTA, Meta-analysis in Health Care.
3. Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis. TOPSIS. WSA.
4. Cost in HTA
5. Basic of cost analysis
6. Cost analysis
7. Modelling in Health Care - decision trees
8. Modelling in Health Care - Markov model
9. Budget Impact Analysis.
10. Discussion lesson on current HTA issues. HTA projects.
 Hunink, M.G.M., Weinstein, M.C.: DecisionMaking in Health and Medicine, Cambridge University Press, 2014, ISBN: 978-1-107-69047-9.
 Edlin, R., McCabe, C.: Cost Effectiveness Modelling for Health Technology Assessment, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2015. ISBN: 978-3-319-15743-6.
health technology assessment, cost analysis, Markov models, multi-criteria decision making