Electromagnetic radiation and relationship to the medical imaging systems. Imaging theory fundamentals. 2D Fourier transform and related applications. Transfer properties of imaging systems. Optical imaging systems. Television (TV) imaging systems (including videoendoscopy and capsule imaging). Fundamentals of image processing. Imaging systems using infrared radiotion (termovision systems). X-ray imaging systems. X-ray TV medical imaging systems. Nuclear medical imaging systems. Ultrasound medical imaging systems. Doppler systems. Computed tomography (basic idea, schematic system arrangement, basic physical principle, development generation, basic principles of reconstruction). Magnetic resonance imaging. Positron emission tomography (PET) and Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT).Specialized medical imaging systems. Lectures and laboratory exercises offer to students view on the medical image data formation, on the sensing and scanning principles, on the digitization and processing, on the functional principle and image sensing devices as well. There are very important mutual relationships, which are important from the point of view of subject and study branch interdisciplinarity.
1. Course introduction, conditions for assessment and exam, electromagnetic spectrum and relationship to the medical imaging modalities
2. Transfer properties of the medical imaging systems (MIS)
3. TV imaging systems + Fundamentals of image sensing and digitization
4. Endoscopy medical imaging systems
5. X-ray MIS, X ray TV systems, DDR
6. Infrared MIS, thermovision cameras
7. Computed tomography - principle, detectors, reconstruction pricniples
8. Ultrasound MIS 1st part
9. Ultrasound MIS 2nd part, Doppler systems
10. Magnetic resonance imaging
11. NMI - Anger gamma camera, PET, SPECT
 Webb's physics of medical imaging. 2nd ed. Editor M. A. FLOWER. Boca Raton: CRC, c2012. Series in medical physics and biomedical engineering. ISBN 978-0-7503-0573-0.
 Hozman, J., Roubík, K. Tomographical medical imaging systems - CT - http://www.civ.cvut.cz/info/info.php?&did=603 . Educational programme. Praha: AVTC ČVUT, 2002.
 Questions and Answers in MRI [online]. AD Elster, ELSTER LLC, c2017. Poslední změna 2017 [cit. 2017-09-27]. URL: http://mriquestions.com/index.html
 POWSNER, Rachel A., Matthew R. PALMER a Edward R. POWSNER. Essentials of nuclear medicine physics and instrumentation. 3rd ed. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, c2013. ISBN 978-0-470-90550-0.